Putting up your own Christmas lights in the cold winter weather can be more than just an inconvenience — it can be downright dangerous! In fact, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reported more than 15,000 injuries involving holiday decorating nationwide in just one year.
Safety is just one of the many reasons why professional Christmas light installation is the preferred choice for many homeowners and businesses. Below, we will explore other benefits of professional installation, share information on pricing, and provide tips to help you find the right company to tackle the job.
If you determine you want help with Vancouver, WA Christmas light installation, we’re here to make your holiday season brighter and hassle-free!
Benefits of Commercial and Residential Christmas Light Installation
Installing and taking down Christmas lights year after year can start to feel like an endless chore that puts a damper on what should be a joyous holiday season. Rather than take time away from the fun and festivities, why not hire a professional to install the Christmas lights on your home or business?
Going with professional rather than DIY installation comes with the following benefits:
- Time: You’ll save time on both installation and takedown. Though it certainly varies depending on the size of your house and the number of lights you install, it usually takes no less than two hours just to put up lights, not to mention the prep work and takedown. If you hire a professional, you can enjoy a more relaxing holiday and spend more quality time with your loved ones.
- Quality: The final product will make your home or business shine! Professionals will come equipped with a plan on how to maximize the presentation and effect of the lighting. Your display will be installed properly with clips and fasteners, and all cords will be safely and neatly hidden. Some professional installation companies even offer custom Christmas light design.
- Safety: Working up on the rooftop in the midst of winter weather is cold, uncomfortable, and can be risky — especially in wet, snowy, or icy conditions. As mentioned previously, many people are injured each year while attempting to put up their Christmas lights on their own. Experienced professionals know exactly what they’re doing and come prepared to reduce risks of injury or damage. Additionally, you can count on professional installers to ensure safe wiring that accounts for snow and water exposure.
- Insurance: We’ve all seen the classic Christmas scene where they plug in their Christmas lights and the whole street immediately loses power. If you go the DIY route, you run the risk of damaging your property or electrical system with improper installation. When you hire a professional company, you can rest assured knowing that they (should) have insurance coverage to protect your home or business in the event of any damage.
- Guarantees: Professional installation companies also usually offer guarantees on their work. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the results, you can talk it over with them and get things adjusted.
- Maintenance: Many companies also offer maintenance in case the lights stop working suddenly or another issue arises after installation. That way, you can minimize any disruptions to your fun holiday plans and rest easy knowing that the lights will look just as beautiful on Christmas day as when they were installed.
With all these great benefits, it’s easy to understand why many home and business owners choose to leave the lighting to the professionals.
Christmas Light Installation Pricing
There are many factors that affect the overall cost of Christmas light installation, and these include but are not limited to: whether you are supplying your own lights, the size of your home, the length of Christmas lights to be installed (in feet), the height of your roof and whether there are parts that are more difficult to reach than usual, whether new wiring or any electrical work is needed, the type of lights you choose to install, and more. Because of all these variables, the best way to get an accurate cost estimate is to contact companies and request a detailed Christmas light installation quote.
Tips for Finding Christmas Light Installation Companies
If you’re going to pay for professional Christmas light installation, you want to do your due diligence and make sure it’s a worthy investment. Below are some tips to help you find the best Christmas light installation company for your home or business:
- Make sure they have insurance. Ask for details and make sure they’ll be covered in the event of injury to themselves or damage to your property.
- Ask about guarantees and maintenance in case you are left unsatisfied with the final product or any issues arise post-installation. They should have clear problem resolution policies ready to share with you.
- If they will be supplying the Christmas lights, be sure to ask about where they source the lights and look into the quality of those lights. Ideally, they’ll be getting theirs from a supply house that specializes in top-of-the-line, commercial-grade lights.
- Look at their reviews online and ask for references if needed. It’s also a good idea to ask to see some photos or examples of their past work.
- Ask about their experience, specialties, and areas of expertise. For example, some Christmas light installations are offered by experienced electrical technicians who can ensure safe wiring and avoid any disruptions to your home or business’ electrical systems.
Christmas Light Displays: Design Tips
Now, let’s focus on the most fun part: the design of your holiday light display! If you want to have a hand in the design of your Christmas lights, we put together these tips and ideas to help get you inspired.
First of all, when it comes to lighting displays, keep in mind that sometimes less is more. You don’t want to keep your neighbors up at night with an excessively bright, obnoxious display! Go for quality over quantity; if you’re supplying your own Christmas lights, opt for high-quality lights that you won’t have to replace year after year. LED lighting is increasingly popular because it burns brighter and is more energy-efficient than traditional Christmas lights. If you really want something top-of-the-line and long-lasting, invest in some commercial-grade LED lighting.
Also, be sure to think about your entire property and not just your house when planning out your holiday light display. Are there any trees or plants that you could decorate to add visual interest and depth to your display? Ground and stake lighting can also be added to illuminate pathways and enhance the overall scene.
To really set your holiday light display apart from the pack, you should take some time to think about what the season means to you. Try to tell a story with the lights and decorations in your display. Perhaps there’s a tradition that holds special meaning to your family that you can draw inspiration from.
Last but not least, keep in mind that holiday light displays don’t have to be Christmas-themed! On Peacock Lane, a famous spectacle of residential holiday lights in Portland, OR, one house is infamous for its beautiful display of blue and white Hanukkah lights, complete with a 12-foot-tall inflatable teddy bear holding a dreidel. No matter what you’re celebrating this holiday season, a great light display can help stir up some fun and festive cheer.
Professional Christmas Light Installation For Your Home or Business
This holiday season, let’s cross putting up and taking down Christmas lights off of your to-do list so that you can focus on what matters most to you! Hiring a professional electrical technician to handle your Christmas light installation, maintenance, and takedown will provide you with priceless peace of mind; you can take it easy knowing that your home or business will not only look beautiful and festive but be treated with utmost care and respect.
If you’re looking for a reliable and professional company to help with your lights, you can count on our highly-trained electrical technicians to get the job done right the first time around. Schedule a service call today to learn more about our Christmas light installation services and we’ll have your home or business shining brightly in no time!